Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Mon November 19, 2012
DA: Ex-mayor of NY suburb to be retried
Prosecutors have decided to retry the ex-mayor of a New York suburb whose domestic violence conviction was overturned. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
The Westchester County district attorney's office says former White Plains Mayor Adam Bradley will be retried on counts of attempted assault and harassment.
Bradley was found guilty by a judge in 2010 of attempting to assault his wife by slamming a door on her fingers. He was also convicted of harassment.
His lawyer says the retrial is desperate and unreasonable. But Bradley says he's looking forward to it so his name will be cleared.
The appeals court ruled that Bradley should have been allowed to call witnesses who might have cast doubt on his wife's testimony. The trial judge ruled the testimony would be speculative.
Bradley resigned after his conviction.
©2012 The Associated Press.