Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
Wed October 31, 2012
Cuomo pushes protecting NYC against future storms
Gov. Andrew Cuomo continues to push protecting New York City from what he fears is a new pattern of violent storms, possibly including construction of levees and sea walls. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas
Cuomo says climate change requires rebuilding the city to help prevent future damage like that from Hurricane Sandy.
Cuomo says Wednesday the massive undertaking must begin now, repeating concerns he first mentioned Tuesday.
At a news conference with Cuomo, fellow Democrat Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand blamed Washington for failing to make climate change a priority.
And Sen. Charles Schumer said the nation must take the "bull by the horns" to reduce global warming and protect against rising tides and violent storms.
© 2012 Associated Press