Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Wed January 9, 2013
Cuomo Proposes NY Paddling Competition
Governor Andrew Cuomo says the state will sponsor a national rafting and paddling competition called the Adirondack Challenge this year.
In his State of the State speech Wednesday, Cuomo said the new event will bring international attention to the beauty and recreational opportunities of the Adirondacks and attract more tourism.
Essex County Board of Supervisors Chair Randy Douglas expects the Adirondack Whitewater Challenge to have a positive economic impact.
Cuomo said the 6-million-acre Adirondack Park has 3,000 lakes and ponds and 30,000 miles of rivers and streams that offer world-class fishing, canoeing, kayaking and whitewater rafting opportunities.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Hudson Valley News
New York News
Commentary & Opinion