Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon November 29, 2004
Conference to Assess Proposed Point Of Entry Health Care Plan
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – A day-long conference will be held Tuesday to assess a proposal being developed by the New York State Department of Health and Office of Aging to create a so-called "point-of-entry" system for anyone seeking long-term care. Conference organizers plan to discuss how the system works in other states and what impacts the proposed system would have on providers and patients here. More from WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.