Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Fri November 16, 2012
Committee to Review Airport Proposal in Vermont Town
A southern Vermont entrepreneur is considering a plan to buy and renovate the defunct Mount Snow Airport and expand it so it would be accessible to private jets.
But noise and traffic has some local residents cautious about the plan by Jim Barnes, the owner of the Hermitage Club and Inn.
Dover Town Clerk Andy McLean tells the Brattleboro Reformer some residents were opposed to the airport.
Reopening and expanding the airport, located next to the Mount Snow Golf Course, would require re-surfacing the area as well as renovations of a building, aircraft hangers and the lighting system.
A committee is being formed to review information and discuss long-term and short-term impacts the airport may have on the area. The board will then decide whether to support the proposal.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.