Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
WAMC New England News
Tue October 10, 2006
Commission Considers Tolls in Western Mass.
By Dan Bobkoff
SPringfield, ma – A Massachusetts state commission is expected to recommend raising the gas tax by 9 cents a gallon and increasing the number of tolls on the state's highways. The goal is to fund repairs to the state's aging road and bridge infrastructure. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.