Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon February 16, 2004
Clinton, Kelly Fight VA Proposals
By Allison Dunne
Montrose, NY – A New York senator and congresswoman are calling on the Veterans Affairs secretary to reject some recommendations from a recently released report that they say will hurt New York's veterans. For the Hudson Valley, the two are displeased with a plan to move some in-patient services from a Westchester VA hospital to one in Dutchess County. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.