Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Thu November 8, 2012
Catskills Animal Hospice Owner Barred From Owning Animals
An animal hospice owner in the Catskills has been barred from having animals for six months under conditions set by a judge considering dismissing 22 cruelty charges. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details.
Susan Marino shut down her Angel's Gate shelter in Delhi and placed remaining dogs and cats in homes or shelters after state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman filed a lawsuit against her in September for failing to file financial reports. Marino tells The Associated Press Thursday her bookkeeper is completing those reports.
Marino appeared in Kortright town court Wednesday night on cruelty charges stemming from an investigation by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. PETA said Marino gave inadequate care to hundreds of animals.
In addition to having no animals, Marino says the judge also told her to get a job or go back to college.
© 2012 Associated Press