Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Thu January 3, 2013
Casino Developers File Detailed Proposals In Springfield
Two high powered casino companies met a deadline Thursday for submitting detailed plans for competing projects in Springfield Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
MGM Resorts and Penn National Gaming delivered to Springfield City Hall boxes containing hundreds of pages of information detailing the designs of the projects, financing, economic benefits, the impact on traffic and much more. Springfield Chief Development Officer Kevin Kennedy said city officials, advisors and consultants will now carefully review the voluminous material.
MGM has proposed a casino in the South End of Downtown Springfield, Penn National wants to build in the North End. Both need the city’s endorsement in order to pursue the lone state license available for a casino in western Massachusetts.