Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Sat November 18, 2006
Capitol Connection #646
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to Richard Iannuzzi, head of New York State United Teachers, one of the most powerful unions in the state. Iannuzzi talks about the implications of the recent elections for education in New York and shares his experiences as a fourth-grade teacher in Central Islip, Long Island. Alan quizzes Dick about everything from the union's recent settlement with the attorney general's office, new directions for school funding and charter schools in this revealing interview.