Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu March 25, 2004
Call for Greater State Oversight of Wireless Industry
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Some consumer groups are calling for renewed state oversight of cell phone companies. The AARP and Public Utility Law Project want the New York State Legislature to restore the Public Service Commission's power to regulate the wireless industry. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.