Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue March 30, 2004
Both Sides Plow Ahead After Gay Marriage Vote
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – The gay marriage debate continues after yesterday's vote by Massachusetts lawmakers to ban same sex marriage. The outcome didn't please either end of the spectrum, but many politicians said the vote struck a compromise. Today, Governor Romney continues his appeal to the Attorney General to block same sex marriages from starting to take place in May. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.