Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Book Show
Wed November 1, 2006
The Book Show #955
Albany, NY – Bill Bryson, whose humorous book on science "A Short History of Nearly Everything" was an award-winning success, talks to Gretchen Holbrook Gerzina about his newest book, a memoir about his childhood in 1950's Iowa. "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" covers Bryson's early years in Des Moines and uses them to provide profound insights on the ways in which times have changed in the United States.