Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Book Show
Wed August 23, 2006
The Book Show #945
Albany, NY – Lily King's novel "The English Teacher" tells the story of a woman who is capable of dealing with life only through the literature she teaches, a flaw which begins affecting her son, new husband and stepchildren. On this week's show, the author talks with Gretchen about what it's like to know the price of everything but the value of nothing.