Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Book Show
Tue February 14, 2012
The Book Show #1230 - Alan Lightman
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Alan Lightman, theoretical physicist, bestselling author, and leading explorer of the intersection between the sciences and the humanities, is renowned for accessible works of fiction and nonfiction that explain the "grand ideas" of physics. His most recent book is Mr. g: A Novel About the Creation, which Publishers Weekly called, "a touching, imaginative rendition of God's creation of the Universe." Lightman is also the author of the novels The Diagnosis, a National Book Award finalist, and Einstein's Dreams, an international bestseller, as well as many works of nonfiction. He is Senior Lecturer in Physics and Burchard Professor of Humanities at MIT.