Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Book Show
Tue December 20, 2011
The Book Show #1222 - David Pietrusza
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Called one "of the best historians in the United States" and "the undisputed champion of chronicling American Presidential campaigns," David Pietrusza has produced a number of critically-acclaimed works concerning 20th century American history.
In his new book, 1948: Harry Truman's Improbable Victory and the Year That Transformed America. Pietrusza goes beyond the famed "Dewey defeats Truman" headline to reveal backstage events and to place in context a down-to-the-wire donnybrook fought against the background of an erupting Cold War, the Berlin Airlift, and the birth of Israel, a post-war America facing exploding storms over civil rights, and domestic communism.