Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
The Book Show
Mon September 26, 2011
The Book Show #1210 - Terry Brooks
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Writer Terry Brooks has spun epic fantasy tales for more than 30 years. His groundbreaking The Sword of Shannara became a runaway best-seller in 1977 and was the first fantasy paperback to appear on the New York Times bestseller list.
The Measure of the Magic, is his newest book in the Legends of Shannara series. In the book, the magic that has kept the survivors of the great wars safe for 500 years has vanished and lives are at risk unless two young magic wielders can save them.