Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed October 31, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1154
If you are looking for clues to the way life on Earth began, you have to dig deep. I’m not talking about shovels and picks right now...I’m talking about studying the inner workings of the basic molecules of life: DNA and RNA. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our astro-biology series returns to Earth with an in depth look at these fundamental building blocks of life...and how little we actually know about them.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute on another evolutionary miracle: gecko feet.