Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed October 31, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1154
If you are looking for clues to the way life on Earth began, you have to dig deep. I’m not talking about shovels and picks right now...I’m talking about studying the inner workings of the basic molecules of life: DNA and RNA. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our astro-biology series returns to Earth with an in depth look at these fundamental building blocks of life...and how little we actually know about them.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute on another evolutionary miracle: gecko feet.