Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed October 10, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1151
Over a century ago, a scientist set up one of the first microbiology labs in the United States. Today, that lab is called the National Institutes of Health. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll learn the history of the NIH on it’s 125th birthday.
We’ll also listen in as students in Pennsylvania protest budget cuts to education...and we’ll talk to the author of a new children’s book with Goldilocks and three dinosaurs.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute with some Neanderthals trying to act smart.