Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed September 26, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1149
If you were to look around and find yourself among some flattened, rotating disks of cool dust and gas extending for tens to hundreds of astronomical units, then congratulations, you’ve entered the neighborhood of an irradiated proto-planetary disk. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our Astrobiology series continues with a guided tour of that star studded neighborhood..
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute directing traffic in that neighborhood.