Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Fri July 20, 2012
Authorities Say Missing Vermont Couple Were Murdered
Authorities say a Vermont couple missing for more than a year were abducted from their home and murdered and a suspect is in custody in another state.
Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex were last seen when they left their Burlington jobs on June 8, 2011.
Authorities said Friday that they believe the Curriers were murdered and the crime was a random act. They did not release the suspect's name and no one has been charged.
Authorities had been searching a Coventry landfill for their remains but did not find them.
Investigators determined that the Curriers home had been entered forcibly, and there was evidence of a possible struggle. Their car was stolen and recovered two days later at an apartment complex about three-quarters of a mile away.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.