Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon June 30, 2003
Area Man Sues City of Pittsfield
By Arlen Cellana
Pittsfield, MA – A planned event at Pittsfield's Onota Park is in doubt following the city's decision to require organizers to provide for Police patrols and garbage pick-up. Rinaldo Del Gallo, a local lawyer and the event's coordinator, has sued several city officials, including Mayor Sara Hathaway and all the Parks Commissioners (among others), claiming their decision violates his group's First Amendment right to free speech. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.