Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Thu November 1, 2012
Amtrak still working on restoring NYC service
Amtrak says it's still working on restoring train service to and from New York City and plans to run a test train through a tunnel that has been cleared of water. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
The railroad said Thursday water has been pumped from one of the two Amtrak tunnels under the Hudson River and repairs continue in order to operate modified service to the city. Amtrak planned to run test trains without public passengers between New York City and Newark, N.J.
Earlier in the week, Amtrak said it planned to resume partial New York City service on Friday. Reservations and ticketing for the modified service are not yet available, but customers will later be asked to make their reservations and obtain their electronic tickets online or through their smartphones.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.