Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri June 12, 2009
Alan Chartock ... In Conversation with Harold Varmus
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock interviews Harold Varmus, a Nobel Prize winning scientist and a leading figure in the fields of science and politics. He currently serves in the Obama Administration as co-chair the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology. The talk about his remarkable career including how he won the Nobel Prize, his time as Director of the National Institutes of Health and his current role as President of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. They'll also talk about the relationship between science and politics and touch on a number of health related topics including cancer research, stem cells and universal health care.