Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC Speakers Corner
Fri March 20, 2009
Alan Chartock ...In Conversation with Doris Kearns Goodwin
Albany, NY – Doris Kearns Goodwin is one of the country's most noted and respected authors. Her award winning writings include some of the most important books on history in our time - on subjects including Abraham Lincoln, Lyndon Johnson, the Brooklyn Dodgers, and Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt - to name a few.
She won the Pulitzer Prize in history for No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II, which was a bestseller in hardcover and trade paper. She is also the author of the bestsellers Wait Till Next Year, The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys, and Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream.
In addition to writing and lecturing around the world, she can also be seen on television as a contributor to several PBS documentaries and as an analyst for NBC News.