Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue May 31, 2005
Agencies Request Info On Adirondack Redevelopment Project
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – Preserve Associates has filed an application with the Adirondack Park Agency to redevelop the Big Tupper Ski Area, in the middle of the Adirondack Park. It would include a new base lodge, and subdivide almost 6-thousand acres with condo/hotel units, great-camp type lots, an inn, restaurant, multiple and single family homes and a marina.
On May 23rd, the Adirondack Park Agency sent a letter to the developers indicating their application was incomplete. The New York State DEC sent a similar letter two days later. The two letters will delay the project a couple months, but it's a request and delay that developers and opponents say is standard operating procedure by the agencies and not unexpected.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.