Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Thu October 11, 2012
Ads Pulled Over Illegal Use of Vermont State Seal
A political action committee has taken down two online ads after learning that it is illegal to use the Vermont state seal in an advertisement.
The Burlington Free Press reports that the state elections director notified the Vermonters First PAC on Wednesday that violating the state law carries a penalty of up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine. The ads in question promoted Republican candidates Vince Illuzzi and Wendy Wilton, who are running for state auditor and treasurer, and showed images of the Vermont state flag, which carries the seal.
Tayt Brooks of Vermonters First said he had not been aware of the law regarding use of the state seal.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.