Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Mon November 5, 2012
73 percent Voter Turnout Predicted In Massachusetts
The top election official in Massachusetts predicts voter turnout Tuesday will match what it was four years ago. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Secretary of State William Galvin expects 3.1 million of the state’s roughly 4.2 million registered voters, 73 percent, will go to the polls. He said the closeness of the presidential race nationally and tight contest for US Senate in Massachusetts will compensate for the lack of euphoria that drove the vote in 2008… Massachusetts Democrats have cranked up a big get out the vote effort, according to party vice chair Ray Jordan.
A spokesman for the Massachusetts Republican Party said is assembled the largest volunteer field operation in its history.