Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Wed December 12, 2012
"12-12-12" Sandy Relief Concert Tonight
A lineup of music royalty, including many artists with direct ties to the New York metropolitan area hit by Superstorm Sandy, is descending on Manhattan for a benefit concert to help storm victims. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has more
Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi are native sons of New Jersey, whose shoreline was devastated by the Oct. 29 storm. Long Islander Billy Joel and New Yorker Alicia Keys have signature songs about the city. Even Liverpool's Paul McCartney has a New York home.
Tonight’s sold-out "12-12-12" concert in Madison Square Garden is being shown on cable tv in the United States and will be available to a worldwide audience of some two billion people.
The concert will be broadcast on free over-the-air television in the Capital Region on WTEN 10.3 , in the Berkshires and Western Massachusetts over WCDC 19.3 and in the Hudson Valley on WNET 13.1 Proceeds will be distributed through the Robin Hood Foundation.
© 2012 WAMC & Associated Press